CB Tips and Tricks
The world of CB radio can be vast and complicated, especially when you are just getting started! In this article we’ve compiled tips and tricks to keep in mind on your radio journey, whether you’re just getting started or a seasoned veteran.
- Physical length and ground wave performance are completely different. Wave antennas will not be affected by a certain distance.
- Never try to operate your CB radio system without an antenna or a dummy load connected to the antenna jack. Doing so will most likely end with you needing to buy another radio system.
- All mobile antennas need a ground plane. The antenna acts as a reactive unit with the ground plane as a reflective unit, they both need each other for maximum efficiency. In installation the metal of a vehicle can be the ground plane. No ground plane systems (NGP) use the coax shield as its ground plane.
- Always tune your antennas in an open area, never inside or close to a building, trees, power lines, and/or someone holding or standing next to the antenna.
- If mounting two or more antennas next to each other, this will affect the transmission pattern, we recommend a minimum of a one foot distance between all antennas.
We hope you found this information useful in guiding your CB radio journey. At CB Radio Supply, we are here for all your radio needs and offer a wide range of customer service! Our free domestic US shipping and hassle-free returns is our guarantee you’ll be satisfied with your choices. Give us a call to speak with our expert staff today!